Trevor Kitching and ACS Supply Chain Consultancy has worked with clients from a range of different sectors. Click on a sector below to view a selection of these clients.
- MOD - Various training courses in UK and Germany.
- Environment Agency - Various projects including strategic procurement review, training needs analysis and assistance with staff selection.
- Department of Trade and Industry - Various projects including re-writing procurement manual and outsourcing supply of stationery, thus enabling the closure of stationery store.
- DETR - Three-year programme of work covering development of best practice guidelines and improvement programme plus training of hundreds of staff with part-time purchasing responsibilities. Also delivered training to various related agencies.
- CEC - Support to evaluation of major tenders.
- Central Statistical Office - Supply chain review analyzing flow of items through post room receipt and dispatch.
- Welsh Office - Strategic review of procurement and support to preparation of procedures manual.
- Crown Prosecution Service - Preparation of new procurement procedures manual.
- Scottish Office - Preparation of new procurement manual and quality system documentation.
- Companies House - Operational review plus training needs analysis.
- Home Office - Contract support to Immigration Service.
- MFO - Audit of procurement activities in Tel Aviv for this Rome-based peacekeeping force.
Fashion & Retail
- Sainsbury - Work measurement exercise assessing impact of new till technology.
- Texstyle World - Warehousing review.
- MFI - Support to team evaluating systems options.
- Safeway - Supply chain review for magazines aimed at simplifying acceptance and returns procedures.
- Next - Review of supply chain, particularly focusing on seasonal launches.
- Early Learning Centre - Review of supply chain particularly focusing on impact of supply chain from China on Christmas peak demand.
- Toyota GB - Purchasing healthcheck covering wide range of goods and services needed to support vehicle dealerships. Major savings opportunity identified.
- Sears - Consolidation of purchasing manuals for various group companies.
- Burton Group - Benchmarking exercise for goods not for resale.
- Roscoe DM - Various assignments to support cost reduction exercises in construction projects.
- Nomura - Tendering exercise for printing equipment.
- Trillium - Procurement healthcheck followed by staff training.
- American Express - Pan-european procurement review.
- McLaren Toplis - Advice on tender preparation.
- Capita - Advice on sales approach to adopt for a specific market sector.
- Walsall Hospital Trust - Theatre supply chain study
- WHCSA - Supply chain strategy for Wales
- Powys District HA - Stores rationalisation exercise
- South Glamorgan District HA - Review of utilisation of major capital equipment items
- Various Regional Health Authorities - Review of supply of pharmaceuticals to hospitals in England plus various projects for regions.
- Stobhill Hospital Trust - Review of supply chain for various commodities.
- North Staffordshire Hospital Trust - Review of supplies services, evaluation of alternative service providers, supply chain arrangements, ward/theatre stocks.
- NHS Logistics - Participated in national programme to promote best practice in pharmaceuticals supply chain sponsored by PASA and managed by NHSL.
- NHS PASA - Acted as project manager for e-commerce introduction project.
- Wirral & North Wales PC - Various projects supporting collaborative procurement and distribution initiative.
- Lancashire County Council - Various projects including procurement strategy and appraisal of innovative outsourcing proposals.
- Highland Council - Supply chain review including identification of opportunities for site rationalisation and impact of introduction of e-procurement.
- Solihull MBC - Strategic review of procurement.
- Cheshire County Council - Stores review.
- Liverpool City Council - Stores and purchasing review.
- Manchester City Council - Stores and procurement review. Following establishment of new stores organisation as the result of a merger between various council departments, carried out a review of stores practices to establish opportunities for rationalisation and impact of the introduction of purchasing cards.
- Portsmouth City Council - Scrutiny of contract award procedures.
- London Borough of Enfield - Procurement and systems review.
- Coca Cola - Supply chain analysis project carried out to provide supporting information in response to legal action.
- DRG - Storage and layout projects.
- Causton Cartons - Storage and layout project.
- Robinsons of Chesterfield - Space, storage and inventory project.
- GlaxoSmithKline - Recent project to develop benchmarking tool for use in each of GSK’s markets in Europe. The tool allowed inter-market comparison of moves towards best practice in various areas of sales and supply chain activities. Previously involved in global supply chain review for Glaxo pharmaceuticals.
- Boots Contract Manufacturing - Procurement healthcheck.
- SCA Hygiene - Process review aimed at improving quality of customer service. Subsequently involved in re-letting distribution contract.
- Renfro - Negotiation of new contract for pan-european distribution.
- Manchem - Materials flow analysis and inventory review.
- PSM - Market research exercise to gain better understanding of customer needs and expectations and client’s perceived position in various international markets.
- Norton & Wright - Logical layout project.
- Polylina - Inventory, stores and purchasing review for MRO items.
- Gillette - Global pricing impact review.
- Parker Hannifin - Development and delivery of training courses for European group companies. Courses delivered in U.K., Germany and Sweden.
- Nestle Purina - Creation and delivery of a supply chain workshop to identify priority areas for improvement.
Other Public Services
- Law Society - Writing new procurement manual plus high level guidance documentation. Also involved in staff training and selection of new Head of Purchasing.
- Planning Inspectorate - Training in core skills in procurement.
- Scottish Prison Service - Strategic review of procurement.
- Nottingham Trent University - Review of purchasing function within the university covering policy, procedures and roles and responsibilities. Retained to help develop detailed job descriptions and systems developments.
- Post Office - Review of outsourcing options.
- Council for the Central Research Laboratories - Review of commercial function covering both procurement/stores and sales function. Included roles and responsibilities analysis for managing sales process to major national and European government funded bodies.
- BUPA - Recently worked with BUPA on a project to review the supply chain implications of introducing e-procurement.
- West Berkshire Housing Consortium - Purchasing healthcheck to identify opportunities for savings and improved control in purchasing activities. Retained to provide training in best practice.
- Nottinghamshire Constabulary - Procurement Healthcheck.
- Cambridgeshire Constabulary - Procurement Healthcheck.
- NFER - Procurement Healthcheck.
- Sussex Police - Preparation of new procurement procedures manual.
- FEFC - Preparation of guidance documents on Procurement.
- RNLI - Advice on purchasing and inventory control functionality of new computer system.
- NMEC - Advice on procedures.
- Bond Helicopters - Review of purchasing and stores operations to support repair and maintenance of helicopters.
- Aer Lingus - Purchasing healthcheck
- British Rail - Inventory review
- Dwr Cymru (Welsh Water) - Transport needs review project.
- BT - Series of projects in various regions to improve materials management.
- British Energy - Review of stockholding strategy including introduction of concept of shared spares and development of new inventory management parameters.
- Inmarsat - Purchasing research project to identify purchasing methods used by Inmarsat’s major markets. Results presented to global conference in Marbella.
- BP Energy - Procurement healthcheck.
- National Grid - Preparation of a purchasing ‘Good Practice Guide’ for dispersed purchasing staff following re-organisation and scaling down of central procurement. Subsequently retained to prepare detailed quality assurance procedures. Also developed strategic spares store, consolidating stock previously held in a wide range of locations.
- East of Scotland Water - Development of a new central stores facility for all engineering items, tools and clothing, the implementation of a stock reduction programme and and assistance with the introduction of purchasing cards.
- Vodafone - Advice on procurement and inventory management.